March 21, 2009

Change to my site

Hi everyone...

I had been using this blog since early 2006.  In these few years, I kept updating this site in a regular basis.  From time to time, I will change the appearance of the whole site to give readers a more refreshing look.

A few days ago, I decided to make a complete change to my blog.  Instead of using Blogger from Google, I decided to host my blog under my own domain (annielo.ca).  Since I already have my own site, I will merge my blog with my personal site so that everything is in one central location.

I have finally figured out how to export all my entries to my new site, which I will show you a bit later.  I had tried to do the import provided by Wordpress, but it didn't work, so I tried using an online too, but my XML file is much bigger than its limit, which is 1MB, so I downloaded the script and executed it on my computer.  I even downloaded Python so it can run the script.  I also edited the XML file manually so that I can import it to my database.  Ahhhh...such a hassle, but at least I got everything imported.

I will show you later.  After that site is completed, this site will be taken down.  All you have to do is to go to my personal site.  ^^

I don't think I can import my blog entries from Spymac, Xanga, and Space, so I guess I will just keep a link in my new site.

As for my old Joomla! site, I guess I will take it down.  I don't think it really suits me as my main update is my blog entries.  I still have my Joomla! site working, since I merged two databases into one, but I might have to remove it later.

I will keep you updated.

thank you~

No comments: