February 5, 2006

Two families

A long time ago, I thought I could just love him and think nothing else. Now, as we grow older, I realize things aren't that simple. It's hard to have two people with two entirely different backgrounds together. For example, duckie's parents, are people with extreme traditional thoughts, who never cared anyone else but their own family. They might act nice to people, but everything is just the outside beauty. If you only see them more carefully, they might be a lot different than you think they are.

My parents, on the other hand, aren't that good either. They give me almost no freedom. I don't know if that just shows that they love me, and being very protective, but still, I really don't like this feeling of feeling "trapped". They are really traditional too, but they are people who always stay at home, being helpful, nice, and don't go out to visit other people much. In a way, they are really quiet and not outgoing. To be honest, my parents are vsery witty, but really innoncent, in many ways. They don't go gamble, drink, or even play MahJong with other families, like some families do. I remember, from what my grandma had told me, that I should never play any gambling. Even if you can control yourself, learning such thing isn't that good.

Now I think back, we come from two totally different families. I live in a family which all the family members are quiet, conservative people. In the other hand, duckie's family, is included with people who go out at night all the time, like duckie's siblings, parents don't really care about their son, and sometimes, they even go out at really early times and don't come back till like 12am or 1am. I don't think that's normal.

I always wonder.....can we stay like this even if we are so different? I really don't like people who always go out at night, go out to BBT, and play Mahjong.

No comments: